| More

Friday, June 10, 2011

Confessions of a Shopoholic

Best Blogger Tips
Till I reached my graduation college I never ever went shopping let alone like it but then suddenly even before I realized I had started shopping. Shopping would make me feel nice, in fact make me feel really good. My friends would call me a shopoholic and I would tell them that they knew not what joy lied in shopping. So when I am here writing my reviews on movies how could I not have written about one of my all time favorite movies - "CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPOHOLIC"  :)

This movie is kind of an mood elevator. It is completely feel good, happily-ever-after, my-kind of a movie. The lead character Becky (Rebecca Bloomwood) is an extensive shopper who loves nothing more than shopping. Because of her boundless shopping spree she falls into debt even before she happens to realize.When her job as a journalist at a mediocre magazine is jeopardized she finds herself hiding from the debt collector 'Derik Smith' with her most hilariously absurd excuses. She then finds job at a financial magazine and meets Huge Dancy (Luke Brandon).

The movies depicts a number of shades of Becky's character - her shopping quest, her trouble prone incidents,the irony of her new job at the financial magazine, her love for her best friend Suze, her envy for Alisha long legs and her versatility which finally wins her the love of her life Luke. It is kind of a movie so many could relate to one way or the other. All the emotions are so naturally portrayed that she connects to her audience very effectively.

The extremely trendy designer (expensive) dresses and the handbags are all worth watching the movie for. The movie has been very well adapted from  the novel by Sofie Kinsela. The book and the movie are both equally entertaining so your pick on what to go for (that is if you have the likes for such a genre)

2 comments:

Deepali said...

This had to be your first pick! :D

Andy said...

Succinctly summarized.. Love they way u put across things .. Good read. Keep it going :)

Post a Comment